Summer is officially here, as school is now out of session. Today was my last day with 10 sweet-crazy 4th graders whom I love. As tired as I was as I hugged them goodbye for the last time today, I surprised myself with this eager pondering inside my mind of whats, whens, wheres, and hows, for teaching next year. I even stayed at school till after six this evening rearranging all the tables, desks, bookshelves, and computers in my room....I needed a new layout, not because the old arrangement was bad and now it's better, but simply for the inspiration that comes with having something new.
Weariness has set inside me and the battle to keep praising and keep lifting my eyes up to the Him seems to have stiffened. I'm hungary and thirsty, longing for the rains to come down and renew life. This "vacation" before me is so busy - 40 hours language study, teaching 8 days at a kindergarten, serving as a "welcoming committee/tour guide" for new staff coming in July, helping at an English camp, and showing some dear friends around the city later in July....I think it will also be refreshing, because it is something new.
No comments:
Post a Comment