Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Happy Days~

Oh happy day....Oh Happy DAY,  When J' washed, washed my sin away!!! Oh tell me bout that happy day.... (sung with as much gspl soul as I can muster)
    Yeah, my roommate can testify that that song has been stuck in my head for the past 5 months, so I thought I'd share it with you :)
   It has been WAY too long since I wrote any update on what is going on over here on my "sojourn in asia."  This past summer "break" consisted of teaching pre-kindergarten- Those little babies knew practically no English and were pretty much physically incapable of sitting still.  They loved bugs of all kinds and spent their recesses chasing butterflies and collecting worms.  They usually recruited me to help chase butterflies too.
    This summer also was spent doing quite a bit of language study.  Over all I feel very encouraged with how much I have been able to grasp of the language, though I still have a long ways to go.  I have been told over and over by native speakers that my pronunciation is very good, which I really feel is a huge gift of grace from above.
     Also, the Father has put several friends in my life this summer who are so open and hungary to know and study more about truth.  It's amazing to see His hand guiding and working in them, even if they are still as yet, unaware. please yarp!
   I am reminded over and over through the word and wise friends how His grace IS sufficient and anything given, withheld, or taken away in life, is His grace.  He only does good to His children. I am so blessed by He grace that has called me to Himself.

Oh, some interesting things that make me smile and remind me that I'm not in America....often when I'm on my way to work in the morning I see these cute old grammas and grandpas exercising by walking backwards down the sidewalk and slapping their legs.  The other day when I was inside a store, I saw a lady hold a little kid over the trashcan to pee.  In the grocery store there are fresh fish flapping and jumping around in someones shopping cart, and there are eels slithering around in a tub next to the produce section.

His grace IS sufficient and I am blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment