That time we were in Hong Kong for 20 minutes, and then 8 hours....
A couple weeks ago I was blessed with the 3 day "teacher conference" trip to Thailand along with 12 others from my school. It was such a great time being refreshed with renewed perspective in my calling as a teacher, being encouraged in the Father, adventures of running through airports to catch a plane, hanging off the back platform of a Thai taxi crammed with people, experiencing a new culture, breathing clean air, looking at blue sky and white puffy clouds, drinking yummy tropical fruit smoothies, struck again with wonder at the faithfulness of the Father at work all over the world.
I was also so struck by the intense darkness in that land. The Thai people are not at all unaware of the spiritual realm....the one that evades darkness. Figures, altars, and statues are all over....on street corners, in front of stores, by houses, and inside buildings. I felt a tangible heaviness at times and I found myself hardly going anywhere with out constantly calling out in my spirit for the covering of the Father to go before me and surround me.
Now there is only two more weeks left before Christmas break! It hardly seems real that time is going so fast! I'm both excited for the break and chance to rest, and yet sad to think of being so far from my family for a second Christmas. My Papa above is doing amazing things though...changing hearts, drawing people, giving me more grace and strength to love and have patience for my students. He is exceedingly good.
Thank you for lifting me up~
No comments:
Post a Comment