Have mercy on me on Lord.
Show me again who you are and remind my heart why I follow You for the gift of You alone. Following you has nothing to do with trying to make you happy in order to "earn" any other blessings or rewards that you may or may not give, or deem me "worthy" of in the future. You are not the kind of God who gives gifts for good behavior, and Praise God Hallelujah for this as I would be daily digging holes of debt. I have no good gifts to give except my own emptiness....emptiness that is only good for being filled by you so that You can show yourself to be glorious through the contrast of my weakness.
I feel you calling me to rest even as I work, and experience your Faithful Presence....living in your grace that is sufficient and unchanging even when I am far from faithful. Not working to please You, but trusting You. Not striving the make You happy, but resting in and enjoying the fact that you are already the happiest person in existence.
In You I have EVERYTHING and apart from you I have NOTHING.
Lord, I choose to say "yes" and "thank you" to everything you have in store for this new year.
I want to praise you and lift your name up, for you are more than worthy Oh Lord!!
Amen~
No comments:
Post a Comment