Saturday, August 17, 2013

Back Home - In China


It feels so good to be back in my classroom with my new group of fabulous fourth graders!  I woke up several times this week really excited to go to work.  This first week has been filled up with getting to know students, doing beginning of the year tests, teaching rules and procedures, and just getting settled into what this year is all about - learning truth.  I have a large class! (at least comparative to my last two years teaching here when I had 8-14 students) now I have 19 with probably 2 more coming! yikes!  The good thing is that a larger class size makes for more roving class discussions :) Please lift up my class this year and for the Father's presence and work in each heart.  Ask that I would have strength and wisdom to teach and love them all well. I'm excited to see what He has in store for this new school year! :)

Wuxi is HOT! Wow! apparently many days of record heat here this summer!  I'm glad I could miss out on some of it by being in the states!  It's been really humid here too, so I just step out of my apartment and start sweating.  It feels like I'm swimming through this thick hot muggy air.  Boy am I thankful for working air conditioners.  When I first arrived to my new apartment two weeks ago, the main air conditioner in my place was not working.  I was very thankful for my friend who came into my apartment before I got home and was at least able to turn on the AC in my bedroom so I had one cool place in my house when I arrived.

Some men came to my apartment last week to fix my AC and one of them climbed out of my window wearing a safety harness that wasn't attached to anything except another man inside who was holding onto the end of the rope.  I live on the 19th floor! and this guy was balancing on a 6 inch ledge fixing my AC!  I couldn't watch.  I'm thankful it works again though!

No comments:

Post a Comment