Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chapter 6 - Good Book Peace

"There is a peace I can't explain though my heart and flesh cry out....."  How often do I really enter into and rest in the peace that is already living in me?  I have been given a gift of peace which is the Son Himself, not anything of Me.  For if I start to look inward at myself, it's pretty ugly and can quickly turn into a downward spiral. Oh so often the lying voice of fear whispers to me of all my many failings and inadequacies. It's a never ending battle of taking up truth, and lifting my eyes up to Him who is greater and always has my back; He is always saying to me "this is the way...walk in it."

I felt so incredibly blessed this week by the Father's love which came from His people, my dear students, the times when I remembered combat the battle around me and inside me by speaking His Truth to my soul, and just the sweetness of His presence that I felt on my heart over and over.

A parent of one of my students came up to me today to report a change they have seen in their son.  They said he has been much more joyful and self-disciplined in doing his homework.  This parent was amazed and asked the son what happened and why there was such a change!  He replied that his teacher (me) had yarpped for him that the Father would give him more trust, and self-control.  So.... Father answered! :) PTL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment